All Trophies must be documented with Grand Slam Club / Ovis (GSCO) to be considered toward any of our award programs. Reports of all trophies taken are welcome from members at any time. It is not necessary to have completed your quest for a given milestone to submit an entry. We encourage hunters to submit trophies toward any of our Slams as they are taken. If you wish to include your submission in our annual Trophy Awards program, you must also include an official score sheet. Safari Club International, Boone & Crockett, or Pope & Young are accepted.
The best way to submit your trophy is by using the online form below. If you prefer to submit by mail, you can download printable versions of all GSCO submission forms here. Remember to include photos with your submission forms when you mail them in.
Hunters often ask for guidelines as to what their hunt reports should contain, how long it should be, etc. The GSCO staff likes to leave the content and style up to each hunter's discretion; it is the individual nature of each report that contributes to the unique character of the SlamQuest™ publication. That being said, here are a few suggestions to get you started:
• The species you were hunting and what outfitter you hunted with.
• The date, mountain range, state/province, and country where your hunt took place.
• A paragraph or two about an exciting aspect of your hunt. For example, you might write about the details of your stalk, a bear encounter, terrible weather, etc. Anything that you felt was a highlight of your hunt would be great to share.
• Tips that you learned during your hunt that might help other members on future hunts.
• A few details about the animal you took. How old was it? What were the horn lengths and base measurements.
• Any other tidbits that you feel make make your hunt an adventure you will not soon forget and other hunters will enjoy hearing about.